Project Registration, Scientific Review, and Consent Form
Some forms need to be completed before experimentation begins! We recommend that you print and complete the forms you will need as soon as possible. Please be aware that you may only exhibit the project you registered, using the same project title: no substitutions of projects or students will be permitted.
1. BASEF Online Project Registration Form
All Students must complete the following:
2. BASEF Consent Form
All Students must print, complete and submit
3.1. All Grade 7&8 Students must print, complete and submit any applicable YSF Scientific review forms to be eligible for the Canada Wide Science Fair (CWSF).
YSF Forms for Grades 7 & 8 (this flowchart will help you determine which forms are required for your project)
- Contribution from a Recognized Institution (Form YSF1)
- Designated Supervisor Form (Form YSF3)
of Human Participants in Research Form (YSF Forms 4.1.1A, 4.1.1B,
4.1.1D; last pages of document)
- Use of Animals in Research Form (Form YSF4.1.2C; last page of the document)
- Continuation Projects Form (Form YSF7)
3.2. All Grade 9 to 12 Students must print, complete and submit any applicable IISEF Scientific Review Forms.
- Forms required for all Intermediate and Senior participants
- Checklist for Adult Sponsor / Safety Assessment Form (Form 1)
- Student Checklist and Research Plan (Form 1A)
- Approval Form (Form 1B)
- Other forms
- Registered Research Institutional/Industrial Setting Form (Form 1C)
- Qualified Scientist Form (Form 2)
- Risk Assessment (Phys/Chem) Form (Form 3)
- Human Subjects Approval and Informed Consent Form (Form 4)
- Vertebrate Animal Forms (Forms 5A-NON REGULATED or 5B-REGULATED)
- Potentially Hazardous Biological Agents Form (Form 6A)
- Human and Non-Human Vertebrate Animal Tissue Form (Form 6B)
- Continuation Projects Form (Form 7)
Projects submitted by Grade 9 to 12 Students are eligible for the Canada Wide Science Fair (CWSF) and also the Intel International Science & Engineering Fair (IISEF). To meet both CWSF and IISEF requirements, grade 9 to 12 students are required to complete any additional required IISEF forms instead of the YSF forms.
Please be sure you comply with all the relevant rules, for BOTH YSF and ISEF, if you are in Grade 9 to 12.