The on-line project registration form was available between noon on Monday, February 7th and noon on Wednesday, March 2nd.
- Review the safety and ethics forms as soon as you've settled on a project idea to determine which - if any - are required for your project; some of these forms must be completed before experimentation begins.
- Print and complete the draft registration form before the you start the on-line registration
- Fill out the on-line form between Mon., Feb. 7 and Wed., Mar. 2.
- Print and complete the approval form and any remaining safety and ethics forms and required by your project.
- Mail signed safety, ethics and approval forms to BASEF no later than Wednesday, March 2nd.
We suggest that you review the steps outlined below as soon as you can so that you understand what's required well in advance of the actual on-line registration period.
- faxing signed forms to BASEF has proven to be too awkward and frustrating a process both for senders and receivers (given that some 300 people are all trying to fax over the same two or three days); the signed forms will be accepted only by mail, and must be post marked no later than Wednesday, March 2nd (see step 6).
- you must fill out the appropriate Scientific Review Forms described in step 2; we recommend that you begin this step as soon as possible.
- Steps 3, 4, and 5 can only be done during the on-line registration period (Mon., Feb. 7 to Wed., Mar. 2).
Registration Step by Step
Print and fill out a rough copy of the registration form. Use of this draft form will help you make sure that you have all of the information that you need for the official entry form. Once you have completed the form, have your teacher or sponsor review it before filling out the on-line version (step 3). Please check for spelling, grammar and capitalization-- the information that you submit will be in the Awards Program, in judges material, on your name tag and on the Web exactly as we receive it.
Click here to download the draft registration form
Step 2 - Print and complete required scientific review forms
The relevant scientific-review forms must be filled out and submitted before the end
of the registration period.
Links to the forms (which are in Adobe Acrobat format) are found on the
Project Rules & Regulations page.
Some of these forms need to be completed before
starting your experimentation.
Junior projects use the YSF forms; this flowchart will help you determine which forms are required for your project.
Intermediate and senior projects use the IISEF forms; this flowchart will help you determine which forms are required for your project.
Signed and completed forms should be mailed in together with signed approval forms. See step 6 below.
Step 3 -Complete official on-line registration
Once you have the draft copy of the form filled out and reviewed (see step 1), you're ready to fill out the official registration on-line. When done, please make note of your registration id and password; you will need it for step 4.
Note that only one registration form is to be filled out for each project (not one per student).
The on-line registration form will be available from 12 pm on Monday February 7th to 12 pm on Wednesday March 2nd.
Step 4 - Print record of registration
Each student and the teacher/sponsor should have a printed copy of the Record of Registration . Enter your registration id and password below, then click File, Print. The printout will be your record of the information which you entered; you do not need to send it to BASEF.
Did you see any mistakes on your registration form? Do you want to make changes? See step 9 below.
Step 5 - Print and complete approval form
It is imperative that each student gets his/her parents/guardian and school-sponsor signature on the entry form. Print out one copy for each student, have it signed and then return it via mail (see step 6 below).
Step 6 - Return signed scientific-review and permission forms by mail
Mail all of your signed forms (i.e. applicable scientific-review forms from step 2 and your approval form from step 5, but not the record of registration printed in step 4) to:
STONEY CREEK POSTAL OUTLET
PO BOX 66506
STONEY CREEK ON L8G 5E5
The envelope must be postmarked no later than Wednesday, March 2nd.
Step 7 - Print your to-do checklist
Here, as a final reminder of what needs to be done for a complete registration, is a to-do list for your project registration; click here to display this list on a separate page and click File, Print to print it out (one copy per student).
To Do . . .
Step 8 - Print and complete safety checklist
You will need to complete the Safety Checklist, bring it to the fair, and keep it with your project.
Step 9 - Optional: make changes/corrections to registration form
In order to make changes you will need your Registration Id and Password (printed on your Record of Registration) handy. Note that the date you are considered to have registered will be changed each time you modify your registration; this may affect your choice of activities (priority for some activities may be assigned by registration date).
After you have made any changes, be sure to print out a new Record of Registration (step 4).
Available only during registration period (Mon., Feb. 7 to Wed., Mar. 2).
Confirmation of Acceptance
You will receive a copy of your registration information via email if you include your address on the registration form. This does not count as your confirmation of acceptance to the fair; it simply confirms for you that your information has been received.
You will receive your final confirmation of acceptance through your school during the week of March 17th.