Project Rules : Safety Checklist
Go over the checklist below, make sure that you can truthfully answer "Yes" to each of the questions below:
- The Exhibit conforms to the Rules on maximum size: No more than 3.5 m high, 1.2 m side to side or 0.76 m front to back.
- The exhibit is self-standing and stable.
- Any hazardous moving parts are protected.
- No pressurized containers are being displayed.
- No open flame is being used.
- Any flammable or poisonous chemicals (solid, liquid, gas) are simulated.
- Any radio-isotopes present are sealed and at normal background activity.
- Any electrical power cord is CSA approved and provides necessary grounding.
- Any electrical connection has been insulated.
- Any non-current carrying metal parts are connected to the ground lead.
- Any exposed live parts are at a potential of less than 36 V to the ground. Current is low so as not to pose any problems.
- No voltages above 10 V are being generated.
- Lasers are not being operated during public display.
- X-ray or other high energy radiation sources, if used, have been registered and approved by provincial authorites.
- Have animals been used?
- If answer to 15 is yes: Live animals are not being displayed.
- If answer to 15 is yes: Active procedures which could harm or distress the animals were not used.
- Have microbiological organisms been used?
- If answer to 18 is yes: Non-toxic microbiological cultures being displayed are all sealed.
- If answer to 18 is yes: There have been no experimental manipulations with recombinant DNA or animal viruses.
Best viewed in 16-bit colour mode with the latest MSIE or Netscape
All content is Copyright © HWHSEF 2001
Graphics and designed by Dave Crawford